Question

Case Management

• 26 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, i am just wondering if there was any plans to include any form of case management with the product.

We are currently commenting on incidents an a structure way to allow us to search back through them, but having the ability to save multiple logs which relate to an investigation for the purposes of escalation or handover or to even store outside of the various repos to have a log retention period would be so useful. I know that this is possible currently through exporting the logs out, but these take the raw logs out of logpoint which is not as useful. 

Without wanting to point to another vendor, LogRhythm have similar case management functionality which allows you to add certain logs into a case/investigation for ease. 

2 replies

Hi John,
absolutely. This is coming pretty soon. 
So I see these use cases in your post:

• Search for previous incidents
  • keep search queries data related to incidents
  • escalation and handover possibilities

Is there anything else you have in mind?

Hi Alec, 

Thats great news, we are really big users of the incident functionality so any additional functionality to this is very well received.

Anything additional to improve the ability to improve or expand the notes within incident would also be great to ease in moving tickets between first and second line. 

I will keep an eye out in upcoming releases.