Solved

max amount of Repos

• 15 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello Guys,

is it possible to use/create 16 repositories per LogPoint environment only?

What if I like to separate my data in 30 different repositories for managment and access right purposes, is there a way to do that and are there benefits or drawbacks for this situation?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Sascha

icon

Best answer by Sagar Bhandari 19 July 2022, 09:04

View original

3 replies

Hello Sascha,

The number of services running on logpoint determines the resource usage. Each service uses a specific amount of CPU and memory. As a number of services run for each repo that you configure, as the number of repos grows, so does the number of services. The absolute maximum number of Repos on one LogPoint System is 16, but experience teaches that a number of 8 Repos per Data Node (LogPoint default Repos not included, HA Repos not included) leads to good results. You have to calculate with at least 1 CPU Thread and 2 GB Memory per configured Repository

BR

Sagar

Hello Sagar,

thanks for repliying.

As I understand you right, I can only create up to 16 Repos per LogPoint DN. But theoretically I can “combine” 2 distributed DNs with 16 separate Repos each to get 32 Repos in summary which are searchable over the configured SearchHead. Of course with no HA. 

BR, 

Sascha

Hello Sascha, 

Yes

I can only create up to 16 Repos per LogPoint DN

You can create upto 16 repos in each DN but there might me performance degradation.

But theoretically I can “combine” 2 distributed DNs with 16 separate Repos each to get 32 Repos in summary which are searchable over the configured SearchHead. Of course with no HA. 

Yes, Theoretically you can do that.

BR

Sagar