Solved

SSL certificates for Web Interface with 1x Root CA and 2x Intermediaries

Userlevel 2

Hi folks,

We’re hoping to add some SSL certificates to our LogPoint installation for the web interface, but just wanted to clarify some information. We currently have SSL certificates with a Root CA and 2 intermediaries - do these need to be combined into a fullchain certificate, or does each part need to be put somewhere else in the LogPoint installation?

I saw this post with a reply from Nils referencing the CSR, which is great, but we just want to make sure that we’re putting the certificates in the right place.

If the certificate files do need to go somewhere else, I’m assuming they can’t be uploaded via the web interface?

icon

Best answer by Ash Scott 18 May 2022, 11:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Certificates are the bane of my live so apologies if I might get something wrong, but I *think* a single file with the complete chain should work if uploaded through the GUI.

“Underneath” everything is just Linux + OpenSSL, so it would probably be possible to put individual files in folders (with the help of root access and Support), but as far as I know it should all be possible through the GUI ( as long as it is a single file).

Userlevel 2

Hi Nils,

Don’t worry, definitely understand that feeling!

The only thing we’d follow up with then is - if we replace the certificates via the Web interface and it doesn’t work for some reason, will that screw up our access to the Web interface, or should we still be good to go via IP access?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

In my experience, the worst that happens is that the certificate is untrusted and/or LogPoint doesn’t accept the certificate in the first place. It does leave the self-signed certificate in place on the system - if in any doubt I would suggest enabling the Support connection in the system before making any changes, and if something bad happened it can then easily be fixed remotely.

Userlevel 2

Brilliant, that’s just what I was hoping you’d say!

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly on this!