Question

Delete files in storage folder with bash command

Hi friends,

I have the problem that the storage folder is now over 90% full.

Now I wanted to empty the folder using bash commands directly in the disk notification and have applied the following to "Command:": find /opt/makalu/storage/ -type f -mtime +30 -delete

Unfortunately without success, the folder grows and grows. Do you have a tip or a solution for this?

Thank you in advance and kind regards

12 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi the way arround this is to goto your Repoes and ajust the retention perionde, that will reduce the size.

It is only run ones a day after midnight, so you will first see the result the day after.

Futher more you shouldent go over 80% then the filesystem  ZFS will get slowed down witch affect server performance.

Regards Kai

Hi Rene,

You can check the following article: https://servicedesk.logpoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403551449105-How-to-handle-disk-full-issues-

Otherwise, you are always welcome to create a support ticket via the Service Desk portal.

Best regards,
Artem

Hi Artem,
thanks for the article, I already know it ;-)

The only problem is, I have no access to the server and can only work directly in LogPoint.

Thanks anyway and kind regards

René

Hi Kai,

I don't think it is due to the storage time.

We have 1TB of storage and in the repo overview I see that all repos together use just about 76GB of storage.

Wouldn't it be possible to empty the folder with the commandos as soon as 90 or 80% are reached?

Thank you and kind regards

René

Userlevel 2

Well thats total storrage and now showing you the right thing.

This is one of mine, but as you can see in next image I have actualy reaced the 80% on Makalu storrage.

As I’m informed, It’s now recomended to do manual deleation, I gues you can break index and its data.

It is better to let it be handled with the automated procedures for that.

-Kai

Well thats total storrage and now showing you the right thing.

This is one of mine, but as you can see in next image I have actualy reaced the 80% on Makalu storrage.

As I’m informed, It’s now recomended to do manual deleation, I gues you can break index and its data.

It is better to let it be handled with the automated procedures for that.

-Kai

Hi Kai,
thanks for the info.

Here is mine:

I have now halved the retention, let's see if that helps.

Thank you and kind regards

René

Userlevel 2

Sorry dident se the 76 gb, i would do an du -sch in /opt/makalu/storage/ ad se where data are used.

Userlevel 2

No problem, there are all the time some maitance to keep system running. ;)

So i have these gauges to keep track of disk space problems

"mount_point"="/opt/makalu/storage" "object"="Hard Disk Usage"  "source_name"="/opt/immune/var/log/system_metrics/system_metrics.log" | chart  max(use) 

Repo : _logpoint

Time 1 hour

Hello Kai,

I assume those gauges are defined on “search-head” machine. I believe DC01/DC02/DC03 are “collectors”. How did you selected the repo (into corresponding widgets) for these collectors since the “search-head” can connect only to “distributed logpoints” (and not collectors) ?

I tried the following: on “collector” I have configured the “OpenDoor”, then added the collector on “search-head” as a “distributed logpoint”. But I’ve got this message”: “10.172.182.1 is LogPoint Collector. Please remove it.”, so this method is not good. 

I use LP version 7.3.1 on all instances.

Userlevel 2

You should configer “distributed logpoints” from the search head for each of your DC, and repo selcet are _Logpoint on each of them.

Does this answer your question.

-Kai

Thank you Kai for your quick answer,

In my first message I just explained that I did exactly this configuration on “search_head” and when I added the “collector” machine as “distributed logpoint” I have got the message “10.172.182.1 is LogPoint Collector. Please remove it.” 

Should ignore this warning message ?

Userlevel 2

I’m not shure, the one that i have is only acting as an logpoint collector, I think you should ask Support for this question, it the easy way out and quick too.

Regards Kai