Question

Microsoft Dynamic NAV application

• 1 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hey,

We have a requirement for analysing Microsoft Dynamics 365 logs. My understanding is that Dynamic NAV is now Dynamic 365 Business Central. 

In this case, the log source will be coming from Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise. Does anyone know or have any experience of using this LogPoint application, and will it parse the logs properly?

Many thanks,

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Brandon, it looks like you confirmed with Support that the Office 365 fetcher and normaliser normalises the CRM logs that you needed - perhaps that helps others looking for this too. If there is any additional information that this doesn’t fetch then please let us know - we had a seperate Dynamics NAV normaliser, but I’m not sure whether that’s still required for anything.

Hi Nils, Yep it looks like the 365 logs that are collected include everything 365. The Dynamics data is under the “CRM” application and host. I’m still working through the rest of the fields to find the relevant data, but so far so good!

We had a request to monitor any data or bulk data being viewed or accessed, to try and determine if there was any data being breached. 

I’m working on creating a dashboard that works with this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Cool, thanks for the update!